This lesson shows you how to create your own customized slides on the website, which will display text not associated with a song's lyrics in Projector. This is especially helpful for adding slides with scripture verses or sermon notes.
Edit an item that is not linked with a Song or Media
Hover over the Item that you would like to add Custom Slides to, and click on the pencil icon that appears to the right of the title.
This will take you to the Edit Item dialog. If you're creating the item from scratch, then you'll already be on that dialog.
Click on the 'Slides' tab to the left, then click on 'edit slides'
Note: this tab is available when you click on Songs in the plan as well, but you will not be able to edit the slides there. Song slides are created by the Lyrics and Chords Generator. If you would like to change the slides for your songs, you will need to follow the steps in this lesson.
From there, you can add a new slide two ways...
- You can type the title of your new slide into the box and hit enter.
- You can hit the plus button to add a slide and enter the title later.
Then add the text of your slides.
- To edit your slide, select the slide from the left by clicking on it.
- Change the name of your slide here.
- Edit the text of that slide here.
- Rearrange your slides by clicking on these icons and dragging them.
- Continue to add more slides to this list by following the step above this one.
Once you've added all of your slides, click the 'Accept' button to save them.
Custom slides use your chosen layout to automatically format your slide. Applying a layout to an item with custom slides will wrap text to multiple lines so you can paste an entire paragraph and have Projector fit it on your slide. (Applying a layout to a song does not wrap text and instead preserves each line as you entered it and shrinks it to fit.)
Also: You can Create and Edit Custom Slides right from within the app!